show

Fontego dei Turchi – Reproduction

 19,00

Description

The Fontego dei Turchi was built as a palazzo for the Pesaro family in the 13th century.

Its double loggia in the Venetian-Byzantine style shows the purpose for which the building was created: a trading depot for goods coming from the East.

In 1381 the building was given to Nicolò d’Este, lord of Ferrara, and then (in 1621) – after changing hands several times – became the Fontego for Turkish merchants in the city. From 1865 onwards underwent extensive restoration work. Thereafter it housed the Museo Correr and later, from 1923, the Natural History Museum.
(source MUVE)

Reproduction printed on 260 gr. Modigliani hammered ivory paper

Paper size: 13.7 x 9.8 inches

SOLD UNFRAMED