show

Fontego dei Turchi watercolor

 380,00

Description

The Fontego dei Turchi was built as a palazzo for the Pesaro family in the 13th century.

Its double loggia in the Venetian-Byzantine style shows the purpose for which the building was created: a trading depot for goods comingcccc from the East.

In 1381 the building was given to Nicolò d’Este, lord of Ferrara, and then (in 1621) – after changing hands several times – became the Fontego for Turkish merchants in the city. From 1865 onwards underwent extensive restoration work. Thereafter it housed the Museo Correr and later, from 1923, the Natural History Museum.
(source MUVE)

Technique used: thin black felt pen drawing colored with watercolors on 300 gr. artistico Fabriano paper.

SOLD UNFRAME